Mafra National Palace-Convent and the Universidade dos Valores
As part of the annual activity plan of the subjects History and Geography of Portugal, History A, History B and History of Culture and Arts, and the Social Sciences Department organized a school trip on Thursday, 3rd October. Students from all 6th grade classes, from 11th grade studying Languages and Humanities, from the 10th grade studying Socioeconomic Sciences, and students studying Visual Arts visited the Mafra National Palace-Convent and the Universidade dos Valores. It should be noted that during this visit there were two activities: visiting a Palace which is one of the European Royal Residences and visiting an institution that focuses on the themes covered in Citizenship and Development.
The aim of this trip were to:
- see firsthand elements of our history;
- visit important monuments from the nation’s past;
- raise awareness about the preservation of national heritage;
- learn about daily life in the Portuguese absolutist court;
- see the baroque style;
- provide educational experiences within the curriculum;
- encourage students to think about civil life.
Back to Website